The Armory Art Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Tuition fees cover only 60% of the art school’s operating costs. The other 40% is raised through grants, fundraisers, and donations; thereby subsidizing student tuition. The following policies and measures are in place so we can continue to serve our mission: “to provide high-quality visual art school and art gallery services that stimulate personal self-discovery and generate knowledge and awareness of art as part of life.” By registering for any class at the Armory Art Center, students acknowledge understanding of and agree to the policies listed below:
CANCELLED OR MISSED COURSES
There will be no make-up classes provided due to student illness, travel, or other reasons not the responsibility of the Armory Art Center. Students enrolled in courses which are cancelled by the Armory due to lack of enrollment or instructor illness will receive a full refund. If a class is cancelled, every effort will be made to notify students at least 24 hours before the first class and full tuition will be refunded. The Armory reserves the right to substitute instructors for any of its classes at any time.
For classes that fall on holidays, it is up to the teachers and students to decide whether to hold classes or schedule a makeup class within the same session.
The Armory will not assume liability for injuries that occur within the scope of the subject area for which the student is enrolled. By registering for any course, the student assumes all reasonable liability from injuries related to the scope of the coursework being taught and releases the Armory Art Center from any liability claims related to any injuries and/or accidents that may or may not occur. The student can be assured that every reasonable safety precaution will be followed. The Armory Art Center is not responsible for any artwork or personal items lost or stolen in the classrooms or lockers.
OPEN STUDIO TIME
Open studio time is available at the discretion of each Department. Open studio time is only available when a class is not in session in that space. See posted schedules. Open studio time is available to students for each session only in the department in which the student is registered, e.g. ceramics studio is available to Ceramics students. Studio time can only be purchased in 4 or 8 week segments. See the current catalog for rates.
A non-refundable $25.00 registration fee is included in each course registration, excluding one day workshops and Art on the Go!. The non-refundable registration fee for Visiting Master Artist Workshops is $50. Students who withdraw from a course at least five (5) working days prior to the start of that course are eligible to receive a full tuition refund minus the registration fee. Students who withdraw from their course less than five (5) working days before the start of that course OR once the course has started are NOT eligible for a refund. No refunds will be issued due to a student’s failure to attend class.
TRANSFERS AND PRORATING
Students wishing to transfer from one course to another in the same session may do so prior to the second meeting of the course and only if space is available. Individual classes paid for but not attended are "missed” classes and are not eligible for transfer or refund. Prorating is available at the discretion of each department. Certain restrictions apply. Please refer to the current catalog for details.
YOUTH CLASSES, CAMPS, AND WORKSHOPS
Registrants in any youth class must meet the age requirements specified in the class description. Parents wishing to withdraw their child from Summer Art Camp or Spring Break Workshops at least 1 week prior to the start of their week may do so and receive a full refund minus a $50 registration fee per child per week. No refunds will be given after that period.